CMS has approved funds for an Ohio Medicaid Grant Project in partnership with Proactive Medical Review & Consulting, LLC to administer a targeted Nursing Home Competency Certification Program that will include access to regional workshops, webinars, support from a project consultant and Competency Toolkits for participating Ohio nursing facilities. As part of Ohio’s nursing home quality initiative, each licensed nursing home in the state must participate every two years in at least one quality improvement project approved by the Ohio Department of Aging. This project is pending approval from ODA for inclusion as an approved QI project.
What you need to know:
- Participation: Workshop days will be held in 4 locations across Ohio in May-June 2020 and participation is open to the first 20 facilities to sign up at each location. Participation is limited to 2 individuals from each participating Ohio nursing facility. Sign up here.
- Workshop locations: Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Lima
- Cost: Training is provided at no cost to participating facilities (charges may apply for meals)
- Target Audience: Staff Development Coordinators, DON, Nursing Leaders
- Two consecutive training days in May or June (dates pending) focusing on implementing a train-the-trainer nurse competency program. Extensive training resources and inservice module toolkits will be provided to enable facilities to implement competency training in the following areas:
|ADL Care||Fall Prevention & Management|
|Cultural Competency||Restorative Nursing|
|Change in Condition||Trauma Informed Care|
|Infection Control||Medication Management|
|Abuse||Pressure Ulcer Prevention|
|Behavioral Health||Dementia Care
- Access to web-based inservice material trainings, remote consultation/implementation support, and training toolkits with practice implementation in your facility July-September 2020
- Single-day live training in same 4 locations planned for October-November 2020 followed by Certification Exam. Train-the-Trainer Certification will be awarded to all participants who complete the program requirements and score 80% or greater on the final exam.
Questions? Contact Proactive at 812-471-7777 [email protected]
Contact Proactive for abuse prevention and response training or for a comprehensive review of your existing program and processes [email protected]