This session will review the #8 top citation nationally, F695 Respiratory/Tracheostomy Care & Suctioning, with an emphasis on strategies to avoid this top citation through discussion on: Actual citation examples and reviews of immediate jeopardy citations, Strategies for successfully managing the survey process & understanding the critical element pathways used to guide surveyor investigations, & Implementing survey preparedness activities to prevent this top cited deficiency.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to F695
- Identify survey procedures that describe how F695 requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how F695 is commonly cited in the long-term care survey process
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with F695 requirements
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to F695 into facility QAPI processes
Webinar recorded September 2022