This session will review the #6 top citation nationally, F684 Quality of Care, with an emphasis on strategies to avoid this top citation through discussion on: Actual citation examples and reviews of immediate jeopardy citations, Strategies for successfully managing the survey process & understanding the critical element pathways used to guide surveyor investigations, & Implementing survey preparedness activities to prevent this top cited deficiency.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to F684
- Identify survey procedures that describe how F684 requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how F684 is commonly cited in the long-term care survey process
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with F684 requirements
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to F684 into facility QAPI processes