This session will review the #3 top citation nationally, F761 Label/Store Drugs & Biologicals, with an emphasis on strategies to avoid this top citation through discussion on: actual citation examples and reviews of immediate jeopardy citations, strategies for successfully managing the survey process & understanding the critical element pathways used to guide surveyor investigations, & implementing survey preparedness activities to prevent this top-cited deficiency.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to F761
- Identify survey procedures that describe how medication labeling and storage requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how F761 is commonly cited in the long-term care survey process
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with medication labeling & storage requirements
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to medication labeling and storage into facility QAPI processes
PDF Download includes:
– Link to Recording
– Link to Handouts
*Webinar Recorded April 2022.