F-Tag Review Series: Comprehensive Review of Regulations & Interpretive Guidance for Top F-Tags
A series of 12 webinars focusing on top-cited F-Tags in the new survey process
During this year long series, we will focus on the top deficiencies cited nationally with the new Long Term Care Survey Process (LTCSP). Each session will concentrate on top-cited F-Tags with a review of the regulation and an analysis of the associated Interpretive Guidance. Survey procedures, such as associated Critical Element Pathways and/or Surveyor Probes used to guide the investigative process will be discussed. Actual citation examples will be shared and examined. Tools to assist the facility interdisciplinary team in monitoring compliance and incorporating performance improvement activities into the facility QAPI processes will be a focal point.
WEBINAR: Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments F636-F642
This session focuses on the Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments Regulations including, but not limited to, F-Tag 636 through F-Tag 642, with a review of the regulations and an analysis of the associated Interpretive Guidance. A review of survey procedures used to guide the investigative process is discussed. Actual citation examples are shared and discussed. Tools to assist the facility interdisciplinary team in monitoring compliance and incorporating into the facility QAPI processes are discussed.
Learning Content/Course Objectives:
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments.
- Identify survey procedures that describe how Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process.
- Identify examples of how F-Tags related to Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments are commonly cited in the new LTCSP.
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments requirements.
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments into facility QAPI processes.
- Overview of the F-Tag Regulations and Interpretive Guidance.
- Survey procedures for assessing compliance with the F-Tag and citation examples.
- Strategies for monitoring compliance and incorporating survey preparedness into facility QAPI processes.
- Closing Comments/Q&A
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, Nursing Staff and Leaders, Quality Assurance Director, MDS Staff
Contact Hours: 1.5
Instruction Level: Intermediate
Shelly Maffia, MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP
Director of Regulatory Services for Proactive Medical Review & Consulting, LLC
Learn more about Shelly and the Proactive team here.
Join this Webinar
Click here to register for this webinar. Once you’ve registered you will receive an email to join.
How to access the webinar:
If you registered for this webinar session, but have not received a link to join, please:
1. Check your spam folder for an email from GoTo™ webinar which contains your log in information. For ease of accessing future sessions through Proactive, please whitelist [email protected] with your email provider. Once you’ve received your log in, technical difficulties using the system can be resolved through GoTo™ support which is available 24 hours Toll-Free at (877) 582-7011 or at http://link.gotowebinar.com/contact-us.
2. If your confirmation email with log in link is not found in the spam folder, please contact Us.
3. Instructions on accessing handouts and certificates of attendance are provided in the confirmation email.